The Children’s Center contains children’s demonstrations and supervised art and craft projects. Children who visit the fair have the opportunity to participate in many of these activities with professional supervision in attendance. It is complimentary to all visitors! Children will also enjoy wildlife presentations, children’s book readings and various other kid-centered activities in the entertainment tent, as well as face painting and body art. Visit the Entertainment Tent at 1:30 on Saturday & Sunday and 12:00 on Monday for a kid-centered performance. See full schedule below.
Labor Day Weekend Schedule Children’s Activities:
- Saturday: 9/1/18
- 1:30pm Magician Jim Snack (Entertainment Tent)
- 3:00pm Potato Printing with hand-block fiber artist Lucia Sorrenti (Children’s Tent; see description below*)
- Sunday: 9/2/18
- 1:30pm Bill Robinson’s Wildlife Show (Entertainment Tent)
- 3:00pm “A Tale of Two Teddies” with author/illustrator Kathleen Bart (Children’s Tent; see description below*)
- Monday: 9/3/18
- 12:00pm Deb Cavanaugh Interactive Music Performance (Entertainment Tent)
*Description of Saturday’s Potato Printing Program:
Join us for an easy and fun DIY potato printing workshop. Kids get to experiment with the art of printmaking by using pre-carved potato stamps and washable paint. Choose from a different selection of colors and shapes and make your very own prints. Paper and other materials will be provided. No experience required – just the desire to be creative!